Safety Officers or Executives
Working in a railway environment, the role involves providing support to programme and project managers and teams in ensuring that corporate safety policy is followed and involves interfacing with internal and external bodies in relation to your areas of responsibility. Assist in the development of safety files and risk assessments. Assist in the management and monitoring of all aspects of safety within the business unit New Works. Assist management with the smooth implementation of the Safety Management Systems. Monitor implementation and assist with development of safety related training for the business unit. To provide advice and assist with the implementation of arrangements required by safety related legislation.
Salary range: (commensurate with suitable qualifications and experience):
€54k - €67k (plus relocation or non-resident package as applicable)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Irish and E.U. Health and Safety legislation including Construction and occupational safety Regulations
- Working knowledge of occupational safety issues
- Demonstrated capability appropriate to the role and purpose of the position
- Experience in safety assessment of contractors and in particular the assessment and production of method statements
- Experience in construction projects
- Ability to hold and chair meetings on safety issues
- Ability to work with staff of different backgrounds as part of a team
- Ability to liaise with other safety executives and managers
- Knowledge of the approvals processes
- Knowledge and experience in Audit processes
- Demonstrated Safety Management capability appropriate to the role and purpose of the position.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Iarnród Éireann operational rules and regulations and instructions
- Experienced accident or incident investigator
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Company Standards, Departmental Standards and Railway Standards
A competency based interview will form part of the selection processes. Please note that candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of experience and or application or CV.