Lead : Lead Signalling Tester
Toronto : Ontario
Full Time : Permanent
Benefits : Included
Work Location : Various Sites across Ontario
The Lead Signalling Tester leads a signalling test team responsible to undertake all testing and commissioning activities relating to an integrated signalling system under the direction and in support of the Tester in Charge. The Lead Signalling Tester will maintain close relationships with the Design Engineers and Owner or Owner’s representatives during the course of the project to review design testability, and develop and oversee testing procedures. The Lead Signalling Tester will also work with the TIC and the project scheduler to provide input on testing and commissioning timelines.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Executes signalling and related system and subsystem test programs and documentation in accordance with contract and industry practices.
- Lead signalling test activities including FAT system & subsystem, SAT, staged commissioning, and cutover commissioning tests.
- Maintains robust engineering / technical submission processes & procedures
- Enforces the application of railway testing and quality assurance requirements
- Maintains standard project controls for testing deliverables; requirements matrix, test submittal log, schedule (testing activities);
- Proactively manages designer decisions with relation to system & subsystem testing;
- Maintains the flow of required information to any design consultant in a timely and complete manner;
- Reviews design submittals provided by design consultant for impact analysis on testing and for signalling principle adherence;
- Contributes to test readiness meetings with both consultants and in-house staff to review progress and submissions.
- (TiC Role)
- Ensures correct revision control of testing documentation;
- Attends design meetings where issues of testability may arise.
- Maintains test logs and related testing documentation in relation to change controls
- Provides test submissions for inclusion in project close-out files and Safety Cases.
- A minimum of 15 years of railway signal engineering experience within design / build or signalling maintenance environments
- Required University Degree in Engineering
- Is registered as, or is working towards qualifications to obtain, Professional Engineer status in Canada
- Is ideally a member of a recognised industry professional body e.g. IEEE, IRSE; Has a proven track record of previous responsibilities as a Senior Tester or Tester in Charge, not necessarily in North America;
- Has an excellent understanding of railway signalling principles and legislated requirements for the testing of signal systems;
- Has some knowledge of Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR);
- An excellent understanding of the use of electronic devices and software in vital signalling systems and the requirements for the testing & commissioning of such systems;
- A good knowledge of all railway disciplines e.g. track construction & civil engineering etc. insofar as they affect signal system installation & testing;
- Proficiency in testing controls & principles;
- Ability to effectively manage and develop junior staff;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possesses a better than average understanding and practical knowledge of commonly used software e.g. Microsoft Office suite;
- Is fluent and has excellent language skills in written and spoken English
- Has strong communication and presentation skills