Principal Engineer, Aviation
|Category||Aviation and Defence|
The Principal Engineer will work on a range of engineering related to airport and airline projects and provide advice and solution driven consultation for aviation design strategy and related policies. Working in a team environment on national and international profile projects, this will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to enhance skills and further a career.
Typical responsibilities of projects will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing multi-disciplinary projects and for coordination with other engineering disciplines including, structural, tunnel, maritime or bridge engineers.
- Design of airport infrastructure (both airside and landside) and responsible for managing major and minor projects
- As projects dictate, monthly site visits to review progress, reviewer and design advisor for layout designs, pavement designs (geometric and structural).
- Supporting senior colleagues or directly managing project scoping, design, contractual or financial management.
- Supporting or leading on pre-quals, tenders or project bids.
- Become integral to the divisionís operations and contribute to the business and graduate/junior colleagues and teamís technical development.
- Strategic engineering assessments related to airport engineering and developments
- Key contribution and drive in projects ranging runway, taxiway and apron design layouts, cost engineering, Airport ground lighting or Navaids
The successful candidate will be technically flexible, inspired and challenged to work within the rapidly changing Aviation sector. They will possess resource and project management skills with strong commercial and business awareness capable of delivering technical expertise for all client groups.
The suitable candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) ideally related professional qualification to Aviation (Economics/Engineering/Planning).
- Chartered Engineer status with a depth of aviation sector experience after qualification.
- Experienced in design of airport related infrastructure, a broad range of projects in both airside and landside environments of varied airport uses.
- Likely to have circa 12 years aviation sector experience involving a depth of exposure aviation project site, design, project and team management across multi-disciplinary projects.
- A personal interest and broad knowledge and understanding of aviation engineering issues
- Capable of operating as technical lead as well as team member as scope and range of project interaction alters accordingly.
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent commissions, and representing the company to clients
- Project management, proven capability to deliver to deadline and team leadership/develop capabilities are essential to be successful in this role.
- Be innovative looking to develop their technical and management skills and the willingness to tackle any challenge
- Ideally experience of establishing project scoping, design, contractual or financial management.
- Capable of managing and maintaining project finances and records under QES principles.
- Capable of travel as project demands dictate (Europe/Middle East/USA/Far East/Central Asia/South America/India/Africa/Other places)