Inspector of Railways / Trainee Inspector of Railways
Location: Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, London, Manchester, or York.
Company: Office of Rail and Road
Salary: £38652 – £49583
Inspector of Railways / Trainee Inspector of Railways is required by her Majesty’s Office of Rail and Road. The ORR protects the interests of rail and road users by improving the safety, value and performance of railways and roads today and for the future.
The successful applicant will become a dependable part of our specialist team/s supporting the delivery of inspection and investigation of UK rail and road infrastructure.
This post of Inspector of Railways / Trainee Inspector is key to the ORR and the success of railways in Britain.
As one of Her Majesty’s Inspectors of Railways you will regulate health and safety for: passengers; the workforce; and the public; who use, operate, and maintain Britain’s railways. The team you will work with is responsible for ensuring the railway industry meets the requirements of health and safety law and is working towards achieving zero industry caused fatalities.
The role will consist of the following:
- Carry-out planned site visits and investigate accidents and incidents;
- Analyse information gathered and compare your findings with legal requirements to determine the best way to influence your duty holders to improve health and safety;
- Provide advice to duty holders and as necessary take formal enforcement action;
- Represent ORR to stakeholders in the railway industry including trade unions;
- Contribute to ORR’s overall assessment of industry performance; and
- Work collaboratively with your immediate team and colleagues across ORR and share information and intelligence.
Are you or could you be an influencer, a persuasive communicator, and a team player? Are you decisive, focussed, dependable, responsive, and trustworthy problem solver, then please consider the ORR as a career.
If you are skilled and experienced in Railway Inspection and are investigative in mind and approach, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Fission Recruitment are supporting the ORR in providing applicant assistance, cv screening and shortlisting and applicant management services for this and other requirements, for a confidential conversation or to find out more, please contact the Fission team on 01513565610 or email email@example.com to set up a conversation and receive a full application pack.